So conscientious are the authorities that we can ... [inversion]

< Previous | Next >

Sarah1977

Spain
Is the inversion in my sentence correct?
So conscientious are the authorities that we can send our children to schools when they are younger.
Thanks!

• lucas-sp

English - Californian
    I find it to be a fragment. I would expect something at the end to match up with the "so much... that..." structure, like:

So conscientious are the authorities that we can send our children to schools when they are younger that they've recently enacted a law giving government assistance to parents who need help paying for pre-school.

Sarah1977

Spain
    In the context I'm discussing whether it is better to send our children to schools when they are seven or they should be sent when they are younger. Finally after discussing the advantages and disadvantages I would say "So conscientious are the authorities of schools that we can send our children to schools when they are younger."; that means we do not need to be worried about our children; the authorities of schools are as conscientious as mothers.

Sarah1977

Spain
    Maybe my context was not good enough; I am enthusiastic about the inversion form of "So an adjective (an inverted sentence)"
    Could you please let me know whether this example is correct?

"So crucial are computers that we can hardly live without them."

I guess this example is lucid! Is this the correct form?

< Previous | Next >