so slum cut to:

Alfry

Senior Member
Italian
that's the end of the first paragraph of the book I'm reading

I hear Hell's bells calling me. It's time to boogie!!
so slum cut to:

2 (number of the next paragraph)

Can it be "tagliate corto andando al" ?

any help will be appreciated.
thanks
 
  • leenico

    Senior Member
    U.S.A. english
    I hear Hell's bells calling me. It's time to boogie!!
    so slum cut to:
    Is this a book written by Stephen King? If it is, he makes up his own language. A lot of it is idioms that kids might say to each other. He is kind of a wierd writer although he is fairly popular. ;)
     

    Alfry

    Senior Member
    Italian
    leenico said:
    Is this a book written by Stephen King? If it is, he makes up his own language. A lot of it is idioms that kids might say to each other. He is kind of a wierd writer although he is fairly popular. ;)
    no, Anne Rice, but she's quite similar in some of her sentences I suppose;)
     

    Artrella

    Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    leenico said:
    Is this a book written by Stephen King? If it is, he makes up his own language. A lot of it is idioms that kids might say to each other. He is kind of a wierd writer although he is fairly popular. ;)


    Stephen K is weird :) !
     

    Alfry

    Senior Member
    Italian
    Artrella said:
    Alfry can you provide us with the whole sentence? :)
    I wrote that in the first post and write it again here:

    I hear Hell's bells calling me. It's time to boogie!!
    SO SLUM CUT TO:
    ;)
     

    Artrella

    Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    alfry said:
    I wrote that in the first post and write it again here:

    I hear Hell's bells calling me. It's time to boogie!!
    SO SLUM CUT TO:
    ;)


    Scusa Alfry!! I thought it was something you wrote. Ma non sò che è!
    I will do some research of the whole phrase. :eek:
     

    Alfry

    Senior Member
    Italian
    Artrella said:
    Scusa Alfry!! I thought it was something you wrote. Ma non sò che è!
    I will do some research of the whole phrase. :eek:
    non hai nulla di cui scusarti Art, semmai sono io che ti devo ringraziare ;)
     

    badger

    Senior Member
    Ireland, English speaker
    Hi alfry.

    could it be like a description in a film……cut to

    >>>> a different scene

    >>>> leaving the slum

    >>>> going to a more pleasant place.

    “to boogie” could mean “to move on” “to get going” etc...

    apart from the obvious “to dance”


    I know you asked for an Italian translation but the above might help.


    Badge. :)
     

    Artrella

    Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    alfry said:
    I wrote that in the first post and write it again here:

    I hear Hell's bells calling me. It's time to boogie!!
    SO SLUM CUT TO:
    ;)


    No, no way. I think it is necessary to have more sentences. What's the story about? Is it "to"? Slum is written in capital letters? Maybe it is a name in this particular case? Oh, Alfry! Now I have to know that!!! Now I am CURIOUS!!! What book is that? Title?


    Ciao! ;)
     

    danalto

    Senior Member
    Italy - Italian
    Hi, all!! Just a quick question: why all the candles in your avatars?
    I haven't been around these days, not working, you know...being away from the computer! So... :) Did I miss something?

    ciao ciao
    dany
     

    Alfry

    Senior Member
    Italian
    Artrella said:
    No, no way. I think it is necessary to have more sentences. What's the story about? Is it "to"? Slum is written in capital letters? Maybe it is a name in this particular case? Oh, Alfry! Now I have to know that!!! Now I am CURIOUS!!! What book is that? Title?


    Ciao! ;)
    of course,
    Blood Canticle - Anne Rice.

    this is a vampire story.
    First chapter of the book. It's Lestat speaking (the one from Interview with the vampire", the chief protagonist of the story. He's delineating his disposition, his nature for those who never read a book of his.



    ".....
    I hear Hell's Bells caling me. It's time to boogie!
    SO SLUM CUT TO: (written in capitals)

    chapter 2:

    [title] BLACKWOOD FARM: EXTERIOR; EVENING.

    A little country cemetry ..."

    very very beautiful book
     

    badger

    Senior Member
    Ireland, English speaker
    danalto said:
    Hi, all!! Just a quick question: why all the candles in your avatars?
    I haven't been around these days, not working, you know...being away from the computer! So... :) Did I miss something?

    ciao ciao
    dany
    Hi dany.

    Mine is there because of AlphaOne's thread in the cultural forum.

    http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=11012

    It's represents a candle that I lit for the victims of the Asian disaster.

    I assume that this applies to the other avatars also.


    Badge.
     
    < Previous | Next >
    Top