sobre ti / sobre tú

Basenjigirl

English, USA
I know that with some prepositions, you have to use tú, not ti, but I can't remember the rule with sobre. Anybody know? Sobre ti sounds better to my ears but I'm not sure. Thanks!

I'm writing a book about you. Escribo un libro sobre ti.

• Yes, it is "sobre ti".
    The only preposition that I know can think of right now that requires "tú" is "entre": entre tú y yo.

Excepto él-ella-nosotros-vosotros-ellos, creo que nunca va el pronombre (yo-tú) después de preposiciones, sino sus formas -ti (o en el caso de la preposición "con", conmigo, contigo, consigo).

It's "ti" most of the time.

Like in "Sobre ti", "para ti", "hacia ti"...

You use "Tu" WITHOUT STRESS, whenever you try to express possession.

E.G.- Voy a tu casa
    pienso en tu cara
    bajo tu coche

If it's "Tú" (stressed), then we are talking about the personal pronoun, not used after prepositions ;D

Regards,

van.

Actually, after these six prepositions, you always use SUBJECT pronouns. Not prepositional pronouns.
    Entre, Incluso, Según, Excepto, Menos, and Salvo.
    They mean: between, including, according to, except, except, and except. Respectively, of course.
    Que yo sepa at least.

Yeah, both Bilbo Baggins and mhp are right!!! I forgot about those special cases, but the rest, stands as it is ;D

tu is like yours

To begin a sentence you have to use always tu. For ex:
    Say: Tu vas conmigo al colegio.
    Never say: Ti vas conmigo al colegio.

Guessing from what has been said here that the title of Armando Manzanero's famous song would more correctly be 'No sé ti' instead of 'No sé tú'?

Guessing from what has been said here that the title of Armando Manzanero's famous song would more correctly be 'No sé ti' instead of 'No sé tú'?
    I'm afraid you're confused, NedLong. There is no preposition in "No sé tú...". "No" is an adverb and "sé" is from the verb "saber". "No sé tú, pero yo no dejo de pensar..." = "No sé si tú dejas de pensar, pero yo no dejo de pensar...". Both "tú" and "yo" are subject pronouns (subject of the verb "dejar").

The expression is very common in Spanish, and is correct as it is.
    It is a short for:
    No sé (qué piensas) tú, pero yo... (no dejo de pensar, ni un minuto me logro despejar...)

No sé tú, pero yo creo que tal o cual cosa va a pasar...
    Ejemplos:

No sé tú, pero yo estoy segura de que ese candidato va a ganar.
    No sé tú, pero yo pienso que ese tipo está loco.

Back