socially beneficial or beneficial to the society

snooprun

Chinese
Morning there!
I ran into this sentence in a book concerning GRE test, whose name was written in Chinese——The success of fluoride in combating dental decay is well established and, without a doubt, socially beneficial. My question is that does the red part mean that fluoride is beneficial to the society? In addition, do you, in most cases, prefer to choose this construction——that is to use an adv. to represent time, places, conditions and intensity——over this 'The success of fluoride in...is benefical to the society.' or is it a case of parallel structure? You know, in Chinese, seldomly do we use that construction in this case, which is why I pose this question. We prefer to say that something benefits something instead. As you can see, I am trying to write in English idiomatically, therefore, if that construction is the prefered form, I should try to use it more often. Many thanks! (By the way, were my puncuations and expressions written above all correct, if not, please help me refine it.:))

Last edited:
  • snooprun

Chinese
    One more thing, could you advise me on how to use adv. idiomatically, best with some examples. Any suggestions will be welcomed and appertiated.

< Previous | Next >