socially respectable; employees with pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

timzhenyu

Chinese-China
Hi, everyone. I am translating one phrase into English.
The first one means "we are a company that is respected by the whole society"
The second one means "our employees are proud of our company"
But it has to take the form of nouns or adjectives.(I mean it has to be very precise)
My choices are socially respectable and employees with pride, but I am not a native speaker, and I don't know whether it is idiomatic.
Therefore, I hope someone can help me with that. If you have better choices, please leave a message!
Thanks a million!

Last edited:
  • bibliolept

AE, Español
    We can only address one passage at a time, and you will have to create a separate post/thread for the second.

Can you give us your attempt at a sentence that incorporates the desired phrases? We can then suggest improvements.

timzhenyu

Chinese-China
    We can only address one passage at a time, and you will have to create a separate post/thread for the second.

Can you give us your attempt at a sentence that incorporates the desired phrases? We can then suggest improvements.
    I have edited it again. I hope now it's better.

bibliolept

AE, Español
    I am unsure: Is "we are a company that is respected by the whole society" your proposed sentence or is it just the desired meaning?

The reason for my confusion is because I read "But it has to take the form of nouns or adjectives.(I mean it has to be very precise)" and "My choices are socially respectable and employees with pride" as meaning that the sentence you are looking for must include the exact phrase "socially respectable." Is that the case? If so, please write such a sentence to the best of your ability, and we can help guide you from that starting point.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    I'm really sorry, but it's not at all clear to me what you're asking us here. What we need, please, is a complete sentence using what you think is the correct word or phrase, together with some explanatory context showing us what you intend the sentence to mean. Then one of us will try and help you. Alternatively, if you're actually trying to translate something, you may find it easier to ask in the Chinese forum instead.

I'm closing this thread, in order to give you a fresh start. DonnyB - moderator.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >