Socially responsible

Messquito

Chinese - Taiwan 中文 Taiwanese Hokkien 臺語
I’m looking for a word, or phrase, that can be used to describe people who are aware of the small damages individuals can do to society in their every day life and do their best not to disturb or create inconvenience to others.
For example, a person as such would:
1. not litter.
2. always turn off the phone in theaters.
3. not bring pets (not including seeing-eye dogs) to a restaurant, especially an uncontrollable one.
4. always remember to cover their nose when sneezing.
5. clean up after their pet in the park.
6. not write or draw on public properties.
To put it in a sentence: Tom is a ____ guy; he’s the last person you’d catch spitting out a car window or chatting away in the library.
I’ve found some suggestions online translated from a specific Chinese term, but I doubt they work here.
They are: public-spirited, socially responsible, socially thoughtful, etc.
To me, “socially responsible” feels way too proactive (e.g. a socially responsible person might make donations or do volunteer work to proactively benefit the society).

• grassy

Polish
    Law-abiding? Socially responsible makes me think of companies and organizations rather than specific people.

Messquito

Chinese - Taiwan 中文 Taiwanese Hokkien 臺語
    Thanks, those are good suggestions, but I was more looking for something that doesn’t imply “abiding by the rules”, words that suggest “avoiding doing things that bother anyone because you have a general respect for the public.”

< Previous | Next >