software programming

frenchaudrey

French, France
Hi

I'm translating a French software programm into English and I'd like to know if it's acceptable to put words just one after the other or if groups of words are rather used
example : "motor speed axial cage" ? is it correct ? or should I rather say "motor speed of axial cage" or "axial cage motor speed" even for such a programming language ?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

• Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    I'm sorry, but we cannot answer this without more context. What do you mean by "words one after the other" as opposed to "groups of words"? How are you planning to use the words?

frenchaudrey

French, France
    In French words are put one after another : e.g. instead of saying "speed of motor" (literal translation) it's written "speed motor ...".
    So my question is : should I translate words in groups according to their meaning for example "motor speed of axial cage" or for example "motor speed axial cage" without any connecting words inbetween (like of etc.) :)

Actually I don't have any precise context : it's only a programm so words are put into columns without further context (computer science is the only context I have actually, it's the programm of a roll mill) :)