solar radiation/beam?

Simin93

Persian-Iran
Hi there
Could you please tell me which one is correct? and idiomatic? If both of them are incorrect, do you have any suggestion? They are self-made.

1- I want to live in an apartment with many windows, because the solar radiations can come in through the windows.
2- I want to live in an apartment with many windows, because the beams can come in the apartment through the windows.

Many Thanks

• boozer

Bulgarian
    The second part of both sentences is strange. If you want more sunshine inside your flat/house, just say so.

'Radiation' is uncountable, so you cannot have solar radiations. :thumbsdown:
    On its own, 'beams' could mean a number of things, so...

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    1.I want to live in an apartment with many windows, because solar radiation can come in through the windows.
    2- I want to live in an apartment with many windows, because sunbeams can come into the apartment through the windows.

Uncle Jack

British English
    It would be far more natural to write 'the sun' or 'sunshine' in place of 'the solar radiation' or 'the beams'

'Because' is the wrong word here; the cause comes after 'because' and the effect comes before it, whereas here having many windows is the cause and the sun being able to come in to the apartment is the effect, so you need a term like 'so' or 'so that'.

< Previous | Next >