someone has no <thinking><thought>

< Previous | Next >

mengxin

Chinese
Hi, everyone!I saw a friend complain about her daughter's new teacher. She said she was disappointed because that teacher just follows what the school asks her to do. My friend said that the teacher has no thinking. I was wondering if thinking is the right word in this context. If I were her, I would have said the teacher has no thoughts of her own. What do you think? What can be the ways to describe such a teacher? Thank you!ヾ ^_^♪

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    If I were her, I would have said the teacher has no thoughts ideas of her own.
    :thumbsup:
    You could describe the teacher as a time-server.

OED:
    3. depreciative. A person who serves in a post or office for the required time while expending the minimum of effort; a person who merely fills a job or position, without showing commitment or enthusiasm.

2005 Spectator 22 Oct. 5/3 The government has ensured that a generation of time-servers will deprive the economy's wealth-creating sector of able workers for decades to come.

mengxin

Chinese

OED:
    3. depreciative. A person who serves in a post or office for the required time while expending the minimum of effort; a person who merely fills a job or position, without showing commitment or enthusiasm.

2005 Spectator 22 Oct. 5/3 The government has ensured that a generation of time-servers will deprive the economy's wealth-creating sector of able workers for decades to come.
    “”She has no opinions / ideas/ thoughts of her own.

OED:

Thanks!

< Previous | Next >