someone put poison,drug in my drinking-->verb


Senior Member
I forget the verb
which express that someone put poison or drug in my alcohol by having bad intention in a pub.

Could you let me know?
I read an article related to this for a long time ago, so I forget the verb.
  • tannen2004

    Senior Member
    There are several verbs. The verbs "to poison" and "to drug" exist and could easily be used in this context. There is also a verb used in informal speech - "to spike" - that can refer to either drugs or alcohol. (Definition # 5 here.)


    Senior Member
    You can say "Somebody drugged my drink". That's probably the most common. It's also possible to say "Somebody spiked my drink with something", or "Somebody slipped me a mickey". The last one sounds really old-fashioned to me.
    < Previous | Next >