something catchy about me

< Previous | Next >
  • Copyright

American English
    Welcome to the forum. :)

If you're writing a song or a jingle, I guess that would work. And a complete sentence always helps us.

massacra

suomi
    ok, then...

The sentence it's a part of some kind of interactive movie (it is very hard to explain in words without seeing the actual move)
    and there will be two versions of that sentence

I could have written something catchy about me like other people do, but I am not applying for the politician position.
    I could have written something catchy about me like the sentences below... 'random sentences' ...but I hate bullshit.

Does it have any sense?

Thanks in advice

Copyright

American English
    Yes, it's fine. Thank you for the context.

One comment: "like other people do" makes it sound like other people are writing catchy things about you, and not themselves ... which you may mean.

NightBlackdia

Spanish - Spain

One comment: "like other people do" makes it sound like other people are writing catchy things about you, and not themselves ... which you may mean.
    And how would you express that second idea?

Thanks ^^

massacra

suomi

actually I need them writing cathy things about themselves.
    so, how should I write it?

and about me, or about myself?
    which one sounds better?

thanks a mil

Copyright

American English
    One thought: I could have written something catchy about me/myself, like other people do about themselves, but...

Me
    avoids the duplication of myself/themselves, but myself is a little more explanatory. Still, I think that me is fine in casual writing or conversation. I think it's up to your own ear.

< Previous | Next >