son cada uno del doble del tamaño que

catrina

Spanish, Mexico
Hola,
Estoy redactando un email para un cliente que me mandó dos tandas de documentos para traducirlos.

La primera tanda consiste de 1 ("document 1") documento que tardará 2 días en traducirse.

La segunda tanda consiste en 3 documentos que son cada uno del doble del tamaño que el primero, por lo que se tardarán 6 días en traducirse.

Lo que le quiero decir en el email es:

Los 3 documentos ("documents 2, 3 and 4") son cada uno del doble del tamaño que el documento 1.

Pero no logro redactarlo, por lo que agradeceré su gentil ayuda

Este es mi intento:

These 3 documents ("documents 2, 3 and 4") are each double the size than document 1; therefore they will be ready by June xx

Mil gracias,

• gengo

American English
    La primera tanda consiste de 1 ("document 1") documento que tardará 2 días en traducirse.

La segunda tanda consiste en 3 documentos que son cada uno del doble del tamaño que el primero, por lo que se tardarán 6 días en traducirse.

Lo que le quiero decir en el email es:

Los 3 documentos ("documents 2, 3 and 4") son cada uno del doble del tamaño que el documento 1.
    The three other documents are each twice as big as document 1.

Maybe my math is wrong, but if each of docs 2-4 is twice the size of 1, and if #1 will take two days to translate, then it will take four days to translate each of docs 2-4, for a total of 12 days, not six.

I once made this mistake in estimating the delivery date for a large job. Suffice it to say that I never made that mistake again.

catrina

Spanish, Mexico
    The three other documents are each twice as big as document 1.

Maybe my math is wrong, but if each of docs 2-4 is twice the size of 1, and if #1 will take two days to translate, then it will take four days to translate each of docs 2-4, for a total of 12 days, not six.

I once made this mistake in estimating the delivery date for a large job. Suffice it to say that I never made that mistake again.
    Mil gracias gengo!!!
    tienes razón! De la que me has salvado!!
    Cuídate mucho

Last edited:

Magazine

Español-España.
    Thanks, that was new to me...I would not have associated document with big.

Un documento grande...no me suena nada en español. Lo mismo tecnicamente se dice así. Yo diría largo, extenso.

gengo

American English
    Thanks, that was new to me...I would not have associated document with big.
    In this particular context, "document" is pretty much synonymous with "translation job," and we commonly refer to a job as being large/small or big/little. In some other contexts, "big" wouldn't fit.

ayuda?

Re: Los 3 documentos ("documents 2, 3 and 4") son cada uno del doble del tamaño que el documento 1.

Myself, I prefer:

The three other documents are each twice as long/extensive as document 1.

catrina

Spanish, Mexico
    Re: Los 3 documentos ("documents 2, 3 and 4") son cada uno del doble del tamaño que el documento 1.

Myself, I prefer:

The three other documents are each twice as long/extensive as document 1.
    gracias mil ayuda?
    Cuídate mucho!

< Previous | Next >