Sono veramente contento di averti conosciuto

betif

Australia - English
I did my best attempt to translate this, but would appreciate any corrections. Also, is it present or past tense?
Thanks!!

Sono veramente contento di averti conosciuto e ti ringrazio allo stesso tempo per impegnarti cosi tanto per me.

I am truly content to have known you and am grateful to you at the same time you have done a lot for me.

• claudine2006

Italy Italian
    Your translation was ok.
    Mine is:
    I am truly content to have known you and I am grateful to you at the same time for everithing you've done for me.
    Sono davvero contento di averti conosciuto ed allo stesso tempo ti sono grato per tutto ciò che hai fatto per me.

claudine2006

Italy Italian
    Thanks. So this is past tense, as in "to have known you" rather than "know you", Correct?
    I've translated your "to have know you" = di averti conosciuto.

Anyway in Italian you can say:
    "Sono felice di conoscerti", when you meet sombody for the first time, like Nice to meet you.

ElaineG

USA/English
    I really like this guy, so the tense makes a difference. In English if you say "to have known you" it's a brush off. Could it also mean, "to have met you"?
    I don't read it as a brush off in Italian, but wait for a native.

If you really like him, you should also know that "contento" is more like happy (i.e., stronger) than the English "content".

Paulfromitaly

Italian
    I am really happy to have met you (averti conosciuto is past, but just because he's referring to the chance he had to make your acquaintance, no brush off) and I also want to thank you for what you've been doing for me.

< Previous | Next >