Sopra le caposala ci sono le RAD

< Previous | Next >

rafanadal

Italian
Sopra le caposala ci sono le RAD, le responsabili infermieristiche di dipartimento.

In this sentence I have a couple of problems.
The first one is that "sopra" we informally use to indicate a higher position in work rank or career pathway. I suppose the English for it could be "above".
Ex: "Who do you have above you?" meaning "Who is your boss?" Right?

The second one is more technical. What is the English for the type of job which implies supervision or management of ward sisters/ charge nurses?
Could we say "Departmental Nurses?

• elfa

English
    Ciao rafa,

"Above" can definitely be used to mean "superior in rank/position". However, rather than use the verb "to have", I would say

So-and-so is above me

and then qualify it by saying "at work", for example, if the context isn't already clear.

As for the second part, the jury is still out on that one! :(

rafanadal

Italian
    Great guys.
    Extremely exhaustive and right what I was looking for.
    I don't think the level is in between charge nurse and matron. I think it's matron.
    Provided a matron is someone supervising charge nurses/ward sisters at a dept. level.
    For example, the medicine ward has its own charge nurse, the dept. comprehending medicine, cardiology, rehab etc etc has its own matron who organizes nurses' work at dept level.
    Thank you, again

rafanadal

Italian
    OK. I understood "matron" to be a position covering the entire hospital, all departments.
    Well, in this case, Einstein you were right, the level in between is what I've been looking for.
    I seem to understand in this case there is ONE matron/director of nursing and 5-6-7-8 "level in between".

< Previous | Next >