source-blocking

< Previous | Next >

rudgus

Japanese, English
In view of the disasters happened lately and in the past, various countermeasures are required to protect the future of the earth. Under such circumstances, we organized this organization based on the love for mankind, while not paying any differential attention to nationality, ideology, race and religion. In this reason, the goal of the organization is to provide source-blocking measures for disasters, emergency countermeasures, escaping measures when a disaster happens, and lastly rescue and relief activities wherever there is a disaster on the earth.

In the paragraph above, what is the 'source-blocking'?
Is it the right expression?

Or recommend other expression that sounds naturally.

• JamesM

The English is very odd, rudgus. I would guess that they meant they are attempting to provide measures that will stop the sources of disasters. I'm not sure how you could possibly do that.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Where did you get this, rudgus? Is this a translation from Japanese? Is it something you are working on?

You should always name the source of a quote; in this case, knowing where it is from may help us explain it to you.

rudgus

Japanese, English
    One of my colleague wrote it.
    In the middle of printing I found it odd.

Is it possible to fix or should it be rewrited?

Rudgus, if your goal is to make information about your organization available to an international audience, you might be well-advised to hire a professional translator. Except for the fact that "source-blocking" is not a common term in English, the paragraph is understandable, but the language is indeed odd and was obviously written by a non-native speaker.

< Previous | Next >