southron lady

< Previous | Next >

Mr Swann

French - France
Hello !

Southron seems to be a missing word in my dictionnary .. and Google did not help me ....

context : first book of game of thrones

A proper southron lady does'nt just throw their clothes inside her chest like old rags
Of course I know that the word could not really exist, but I would be happy what could thing native english people

I presume that it is something like " a lady from the court of the South" but if anyone could help me I will be happy !

• Andygc

British English
    Southron is recorded in the OED as chiefly Scottish, but it is also recorded in AE from the 1830s to the present, meaning
    Belonging to or dwelling in the south of a region, esp. the Southern states of the United States.
    or
    Relating to or characteristic of the Southern states of the United States.
    It's also recorded as a noun in AE, meaning somebody from the Southern states. In most of the OED citations it is capitalised - 'Southron'.

PS. What a bizarre use of possessive pronouns
    A proper southron lady does'nt just throw their clothes inside her chest like old rags
    (and doesn't)

Last edited:

Mr Swann

French - France
    To be precise the girl who is acting is Arya the 9 years old daughter of Eddard Stark lord of the North (The greatest realm of Westeros). The south for her is of cours King's'Landing where she will head ... So she is not scottish but the landscapes of the realm of the North look very scottish

< Previous | Next >