sovraziendale

anglomania1

UK English
Hi there,
I'm translating a website on phytosanitary treatments for agriculture.
Under the advantages of a certain system they offer, we have:
Vantaggi Minima manutenzione ordinaria; biobed modulabile, aziendale e sovraziendale, tecnologia brevettata; sistemi di monitoraggio e di sicurezza, sistema chiuso e isolato dall'ambiente;

What on earth does "sovraziendale" mean? I've googled around a bit and found "supercorporate" and I've also seen "multicorporate", but I'm not sure.
aziendale e sovraziendale = corporate and supercorporate/multicorporate????
Thanks for any suggesitons,
anglo

• Benzene

Italian from Italy
    Hello anglo!

The term "sovraziendale" is sophisticated but simply means "outside the company" =
    "not limited to the territory relating to the company".

While, the word "aziendale" means "inside the company" = "limited to the territory relating to the company".
    Bye,
    Benzene

Last edited:

Mary49

Italian
    Hi,
    I have found that "sovraziendale" means not limited to a particular company.

Last edited:

anglomania1

UK English
    Hi there :) ,
    to come back to this question, I've been thinking about both of your answers above and trying to find a solution in English.
    I've been googling "sovraziendale" and so far have found absolutely nothing in English, except "joint business" which has come up, but I'm not sure.
    I wanted to ask you, if "sovraziendale" means "not limited to a particular business", does that mean that "aziendale" IS limited to a particular business?
    Because in my sentence I have the direct contrast between the two, but in English "business/corporate" as an adjective just means to do with business or a company, in a very general way.
    I can't seem to find anything here, and I'm having difficulty getting my head round the concept!
    I think the problem is that it is not explained in my sentence, it's just part of a list of advantages.
    So could it be:
    "inside and outside a company"
    "corporate and joint business"
    "corporate and multicoroporate"

Do you think any of these could fit the bill?
    Thanks again for your invaluable help:oops:

anglomania1

UK English
    Hi Anglo - could it be 'above the corporate level' i.e. 'on an industrial level' ?
    Hi BristolGirl :) ,
    it might be, actually!
    I did find a term "industry-wide", but I've only found these terms googling around and seeing what others have used as a translation and I have no guarantee they're right.
    That could work, "on a corporate and an industrial level"
    It's the best I've got so far!
    Thanks,
    anglo

Benzene

Italian from Italy
    I did find a term "industry-wide", but I've only found these terms googling around and seeing what others have used as a translation and I have no guarantee they're right.
    That could work, "on a corporate and an industrial level"
    It's the best I've got so far!
    Hello anglo!

Couldn't that mean "Wholesale And Retail"? For example, it could be a multi-brand distribution company in agriculture.

It's just a hypothesis.:)

Bye,
    Benzene

BristolGirl

English UK
    Hi - since 'sovraziendale' refers to 'biobeds' which I see are placed under vehicles or apparatus that spread pesticides in order to prevent leaching, could it be a reference to usage being either 'local or widespread' ??
    I don't envy you !!!

anglomania1

UK English
    Hi - since 'sovraziendale' refers to 'biobeds' which I see are placed under vehicles or apparatus that spread pesticides in order to prevent leaching, could it be a reference to usage being either 'local or widespread' ??
    I don't envy you !!!
    o_O I get all the best translations!! :D
    I've asked the authors for an explanation!

Last edited:

ohbice

italiano
    I've asked the authors for an explanation!
    Bene, giusto così. Per quel poco che ne mastico io, sovraaziendale sta per struttura che comprende più di una società, potrebbe essere per esempio un consorzio, anche temporaneo, anche creato per quell'unico fine di condividere quella certa risorsa.
    Nel tuo caso specifico, se l'azienda x e l'azienda y hanno un problema in comune, la società che vende questo trattamento fitosanitario può sia vendere il prodotto separatamente a x e a y, sia gestire la vendita a x e a y con un unico contratto pluri-aziendale, ovvero sovraziendale.
    Io, almeno, la capisco così :)
    Ma sono curioso di sentire il parere dell'autore.

anglomania1

UK English
    Bene, giusto così. Per quel poco che ne mastico io, sovraaziendale sta per struttura che comprende più di una società, potrebbe essere per esempio un consorzio, anche temporaneo, anche creato per quell'unico fine di condividere quella certa risorsa.
    Nel tuo caso specifico, se l'azienda x e l'azienda y hanno un problema in comune, la società che vende questo trattamento fitosanitario può sia vendere il prodotto separatamente a x e a y, sia gestire la vendita a x e a y con un unico contratto pluri-aziendale, ovvero sovraziendale.
    Io, almeno, la capisco così :)
    Ma sono curioso di sentire il parere dell'autore.
    La spiegazione era:
    significa che può avere portata superiore rispetto a quella aziendale
    Ma hanno deciso di togliere "aziendale e sovraziendale"!! Meglio così!
    Grazie a tutti!

< Previous | Next >