Soybean contains a large number of nutrients and health-care

thuhoai

Vietnam
Hi,everyone.

A lot of nutritionists advise people to eat some soybean and bean products, or drink a glass of soybean milk every day, which is very beneficial to human health. Soybean contains a large number of nutrients and health-care effects.

I assume that the sentence "Soybean contains a large number of nutrients and health-care effects." is not correct.

My understanding is that Soybean contains a large number of nutrients and have a lot of health-care effects.

Am I right?

Thanks

http://www.lookchem.com/Chempedia/Health-and-Chemical/19351.html

• thuhoai

Vietnam
    Sorry it should be : Soybean contains a large number of nutrients and has a lot of health-care effects.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    I wonder where this peculiar sentence came from originally - it appears on a few websites.
    I agree, it is not correct - soybean does not contain effects.
    In addition, "health-care effects" is a neutral term. The effects could be positive or negative.
    To make a grammatical sentence that means what I understand this is intended to mean:
    Soybean contains a large number of nutrients and has a lot of positive health-care effects.

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    In AE, we'd say soybeans contain, not "soybean contains". And health care is given by people such as physicians and nurses; it isn't something derived from food. I'd say: Soybeans contain many nutrients and have positive, healthful effects.

< Previous | Next >