SP: Ximena Zuñiga Malinarich

• Heba

Egypt, Arabic
    Hola, como estás?:)

Como se pronuncia la letra ''x'' en tu nombre? como jota o como che?

:) your answer will help me write your name correctly

Regrads

Heba

CarlosPerezMartinez

Spain, Spanish
    Veamos: aquí es importante saber si utilizamos pronunciación castellana o americana, si la letra zeta suena como th en inglés (thank) o como z (zoo). En pronunciación castellana la cosa sería más o menos así:
    XIMENA ZÚÑIGA MALINARICH: خيمينا ثونيغا ماليناريتش
    Hay que tener en cuenta que el árabe no tiene "e" ni "o".

cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    Correcto. Y si se pronuncia como "s", sera
    خيمينا سونييغا ماليناريتش
    En Egipto le escribiré así
    خيمينا سونييجا ماليناريتش

Heba

Egypt, Arabic
    XIMENA ZÚÑIGA MALINARICH: خيمينا ثونيغا ماليناريتش
    Hi Carlos and all:)
    I know that it is common in the countries of the Arabian Peninsula, Syria and Lebanon to use the ''غ'' to replace the sound /g/ since the ''ج '' is pronounced in these countries as a /dʒ/ in English, that is, like the j in judge.

Personally I believe that the use of the غ to replace the /g/ sound can be confusing or misleading since the letter غ itself has a sound that is completely different from the sound /g/. So, I prefer the use of the ج .

Sometimes, we Egyptians use the چ in order to represent the sound of the other sound of the ج which is common in other Arabic countries

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Heba, ج also has its own pronunciation which to us is as different from "g" as غ! ;)

In that respect, I have no preference for one or the other and use both to transliterate the Latin "g."

< Previous | Next >