Space on the shipment

< Previous | Next >


New Member
Is there a word to describe the container space on the shipment?
I know for human, we call a cabin.
But for container?
Thanks for your reply in advance!
  • Copyright

    Senior Member
    American English
    I'm not sure that I understand your question, but my first thought is that Container is to Goods as Cabin is to Passenger. :)


    Senior Member
    American English
    I suppose you could say, "I would like to book a space for my container," but it seems to me that if you're calling an ocean freight company, you could just say, "I would like to ship a container to London." And let them ask the questions.

    Beryl from Northallerton

    Senior Member
    British English
    If you're concerned that your crate should not be exposed to the elements, then you could ask as to whether it will be stored in the hold:
    ▶noun a storage space in the lower part of a ship or aircraft
    I don't know if this is possible with container shipping, though. The boats that I've seen tend to be loaded by crane from above.
    < Previous | Next >