span of control

wandale

Italian - Italy
Hi!
I don't understand clearly this and I would translate it to italian (my mother tongue):
"...he advocates the reduction of management layers and widening of the span of control, even to the extent of each supervisor having up to 70 subordinates..."
This is my version:
"...egli suggerì la riduzione dei livelli di management e l'ampliamento del campo di controllo, anche se l'area di ogni supervisore arrivasse a 70 subordinati..."
I know my translation skills are weak...
Could anyone help me?
Thanks!
:)

ps:I have posted it also in En-spanish section...I'm sorry, I made a mistake!!

• clare lorraine

English - Italy
    Hi!
    I don't quite understand (clearly) this and I would like to translate it to iItalian (my mother tongue):
    "...he advocates the reduction of management layers and widening of the span of control, even to the extent of each supervisor having up to 70 subordinates..."
    This is my version:
    "...egli (suggerì) caldeggia ? la riduzione dei livelli di management e l'ampliamento delle responsabilità ? (campo di controllo, anche se l'area di ogni supervisore arrivasse a 70 subordinati..."), fino al punto di arrivare a 70 subordinati per ogni supervisore
    I know my translation skills are weak... no they aren't !
    Could anyone help me?
    Thanks!
    :)

Just a suggestion, as I am long time resident of Italy but not mother tongue. Lorraine

ps:I have posted it also in En-spanish section...I'm sorry, I made a mistake!!

_forumuser_

Italian
    This is my version:
    "...egli sostiene la riduzione degli strati di management e l'ampliamento del raggio di controllo, anche al punto da avere 70 subordinati per supervisore"

Raggio di controllo o responsabilita' di controllo come suggerisce Claire sono meno ambigui. And Elaine is right, your translations skills are far from weak! :)

< Previous | Next >