Special Edition of Harry Potter vs. Harry Potter Special Edition

< Previous | Next >

yuna

Korea/Korean
Hello.

I understand that I can say both way: the "special edition of Harry Potter" and the "Harry Potter special edition". But when I use it as the name of the package and capitalize the first letter of each words, for example: "Special Edition of Harry Potter" or "Harry Potter Special Edition", then I feel that the latter seems better.

What do you think?

Last edited:
  • Language Hound

American English
    Depending on the packaging design, "Special Edition" might appear above or below the name--or even on the same line before or after the name.
    I would not use "of" in this case.
    (Do you mean Harry Potter?)

yuna

Korea/Korean
    Depending on the packaging design, "Special Edition" might appear above or below the name--or even on the same line before or after the name.
    I would not use "of" in this case.
    (Do you mean Harry Potter?)
    Yes, yes. Hahaha :oops:
    Thank you. I get it.

(I corrected the spelling of Potter in the thread title. -- JustKate, English Only moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

yuna

Korea/Korean
    And how about "Harry Potter the Special Edition" with a definite article in the name?

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    All of these are incorrect. There isn't any book titled "Harry Potter"; the name appears as part of the titles of seven different books.

Language Hound

American English
    Parla, I think it might be referring to the special edition boxed sets of Harry Potter movies/DVDs.

EDITED TO ADD: Or to the special edition collection of the Harry Potter books.
    The following is something I read after googling "Special Edition Harry Potter:
    Special Edition Harry Potter Box Set
    The perfect gift for collectors and new readers alike, we now present a breathtaking special edition boxed set of J. K. Rowling's seven bestselling Harry Potter books!
    Yuna, perhaps you could tell us if the packaging is for a single book or movie or for a collection of books or movies.
    If it is just for a single one, you would need to give the exact title and not just say "Harry Potter."

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >