E

Elenkara

Ειδικότητα (στην στατιστική)
Πχ. The diagnostic ctiterion lacks sensitivity and specificity
Το διαγνωστικό κριτήριο στερείται ευαισθησίας και ειδικότητας

• Iraklakos

Dictionary Editor
    Greek, German - Austria
    Thank you for the report! This sense is missing from the English side. We will forward the message to the English team and they will consider adding it.

*The sense in question is specificity as used in statistic. Thanks!

DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    Thank you for the report! This sense is missing from the English side. We will forward the message to the English team and they will consider adding it.

*The sense in question is specificity as used in statistic. Thanks!
    I think this is the sense as used in medical testing (here). We do already have this meaning in the English base, but it may not have made it into English to Greek yet. You should see it appear in the future.

If that's not what you meant, then can you be more specific(!), as I can't find anything else linked to statistics?

Iraklakos

Dictionary Editor
    Greek, German - Austria
    Thank you! Yes, that's what I meant. I tried to not be restrictive by mentioning statistics, as I am not sure whether this term could also be used in non-medical settings. (I should have checked Enbase before forwarding this - will do so from now on.)

DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    Thanks - and no problem. I didn't know this sense myself, so I just wanted to double-check it was definitely the one you were after. And it's absolutely fine to forward these reports to me to check the enbase if you want to.