Spedire un pacco in Italia

• Lorena1970

Banned
    Italy, Italiano
    Potresti costresemente fornirci il contesto e il quadro di riferimento, nonché il tuo tentativo di traduzione...? Poi saremo lieti di aiutarti. Grazie

mary7-91

italiana
    Sono in Inghilterra e non avendo spazio in valigia sono costretta a spedire un pacco, mi stavo quindi domandando cosa dire alle poste per chiedere: "vorrei spedire un pacco in Italia". Pensavo: "I would like send a parcel to Italy?". Corretto??
    Vi ringrazio

rrose17

Canada, English
    Io direi "I would like to ship a parcel to Italy"
    Ciao Lorena! I think this would be used only for a large parcel. When said in this context, this way it sounds like you're indicating by boat rather than by air. For a smaller parcel, mary7-91's is fine.

Lorena1970

Banned
    Italy, Italiano
    In effect I was thinking of a large parcel, sort of a big box or similar. But at same time I admit that I thought that "to ship" was the regular form when it comes to sending parcels. Thanks!

rrose17

Canada, English
    It is a regular form to use, but in this context it could sound like you're saying I want it to go by boat. To me, you wouldn't call up Fe**x and say I want to ship this parcel to Italy.

mary7-91

italiana
    Probably it will be a larce parcel, 5 kilos or something similar..it dipends on what I'll be able to pull in my 20 kilos luggage.
    Thank you ;)

< Previous | Next >