Speed of life

Shounak

Bengali
Hello All,

This is regarding a translation work that I am doing. I am translating a historical collection of letters written during 1942 about a person named Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, an Indian freedom fighter. The collection of letters are highly philosophical and carries deep meaning. Now, I translated a line which grossly means this:

Whichever path I chose to walk, it was far from the destination of time and when I turned back, I could only see a cloud of dust blowing in the wind and this dust is from the "speed of life" puffed only by me.

Now this speed of life is actually a metaphor which means life ran so fast that on the road there was only dust. It also means, that the dust that blew was done by me as I only chose the speed in which I walked.

Can anyone please help me to rephrase the "speed of life" in Latin with the metaphorical meaning?

• Penyafort

Catalan (Catalonia), Spanish (Spain)
    I'd say celeritas vitae can imply that too. Although authors used to talk more about brevitas vitae, which emphasizes how short it is perceived rather than how fast the pace is.