spoil/undermine/jeopardize...Can they overlap?

loureed4

Spanish
Hi!,

I know these three words "spoil, jeopardize and undermine" and I was wondering if they can be used interchangeably in this (and maybe others) sentence:

"That company is going to try to spoil/jeopardize/undermine the project by any means, because they are very interested in taking it for themselves; it is a real good project"

As a non-native it is kind of difficult to me to differenciate these three words, for, in my opinion, they could overlap in meaning sometimes, but I am not quite sure.

Thanks in advance!

• Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    Where did you find this sentence, loureed64? Is it an English test?

ADDED: A few moments taken informing yourself as to what is meant by source in this forum will save hours of speculative ramblings. Please do not post again without the requested source.

Last edited:

loureed4

Spanish
    Hello Beryl,

As I remarked in a previous post, the source is MYSELF, it is a sentence I thought of. I often do that to know the difference among certain words, as in the case of this thread: spoil, jeopardize and undermine.

I do this very often, all the time actually, just to get the little nuance there are among similar words.

Thanks!

< Previous | Next >