Spontanément, elle me proposa

Cleare

IDF
Russian
Hello,

I'm a bit confused with the combination "proposer spontanément" in the context. The context: two women met by change, spoke, one of them had a possibility to go to a concert, the other was a fan of the groupe. The first invited the second and her husband. The text:

Spontanément, elle me proposa de nous y inviter parce que je lui avais démontré être un grand fan de XXX.

My attempt:
Kindly she suggested me invite us there, because I had proved her to be a big fan of ...

THanks in advance!

• cropje_jnr

English - Australia
    Spontanément means spontaneously (not really appropriate for the context), unexpectedly, out of the blue.

=> Suddenly/unexpectedly, she proposed/suggested that she invited us along, because I had shown myself to be a big fan of...

breagadoir

English - Ireland & U.K.
    Kindly she suggested me invite us there, because I had proved her to be a big fan of ..." This definitely does not work.

How about:

Spontaneously/Out of the blue/Suddenly/Unexpectedly, she offered to take us there because I had shown her what a big of XXX I was...

tannen2004

English/USA
    So "spotanément" is "spontaneously" or "impulsively" and has little to do with kindness. That would give something like:

Impulsively, she proposed to invite us to the concert because I had shown her that I was a big/huge fan of XXX.

"Suggested me" just doesn't work. Perhaps "suggested to me", but it still feels odd.

Cleare

IDF
    Russian
    Kindly she suggested me invite us there, because I had proved her to be a big fan of ..." This definitely does not work.

How about:

Spontaneously/Out of the blue/Suddenly/Unexpectedly, she offered to take us there because I had shown her what a big of XXX I was...
    Spontanément means spontaneously (not really appropriate for the context), unexpectedly, out of the blue.

=> Suddenly/unexpectedly, she proposed/suggested that she invited us along, because I had shown myself to be a big fan of...
    Thank you cropje_jnr and breagadoir!:):)
    I think "unexpectedly" fits best, Thanks for your corrections!

Cleare

IDF
    Russian
    So "spotanément" is "spontaneously" or "impulsively" and has little to do with kindness. That would give something like:

Impulsively, she proposed to invite us to the concert because I had shown her that I was a big/huge fan of XXX.

"Suggested me" just doesn't work. Perhaps "suggested to me", but it still feels odd.
    Thank you tannen2004 for your comments!:)
    It's always a bit complicated with "suggest/offer/propose":eek:

< Previous | Next >