sprinkle

• Copyright

American English
    You pour in milk or foam, not sprinkle it. You might sprinkle powder on the milk/foam to create designs.

You might like to read Part 3 of 3, number 2 for a description of how to do this on WikiHow.

Sun14

Chinese
    You pour in milk or foam, not sprinkle it. You might sprinkle powder on the milk/foam to create designs.

You might like to read Part 3 of 3, number 2 for a description of how to do this on WikiHow.
    Thank you very much. How about the sentence like this:

Put it in a mug and pour on froth to create a heart on it.

Copyright

American English
    One of my few mantras is "Logic before Language" – figure out what you need to say before you try to say it.

In the case, logic asks "pour what in the mug," and then it tells me that I can't just pour in milk or foam and expect a heart to magically appear. There is a technique to creating a heart that your sentence totally misses, making it useless as any sort of meaningful instruction.

To answer the "pour" question, I would use "pour in."

Edit: Deleted a "doing."

Last edited:

Sun14

Chinese
    One of my few mantras is "Logic before Language" – figure out what you need to say before you try to say it.

In the case, logic asks "pour what in the mug," and then it tells me that I can't just pour in milk or foam and expect a heart to magically appear. There is a technique to doing creating a heart that your sentence totally misses, making it useless as any sort of meaningful instruction.

To answer the "pour" question, I would use "pour in."
    Got it. Thank you very much

< Previous | Next >