squidgies and slime

< Previous | Next >

PureLand

Chinese
My 10-year-old niece, for example, seems to have a new interest every month, as she joins in with the latest craze that sweeps through her primary school. Over the last year or so, she has been obsessed with Rubik’s cubes, fidget spinners, squidgies and slime. (IELTS Writing Task 2: write the conclusion for me!)

I'm not sure what squidgies and slime mean :confused:

I have looked up both words in a dictionary but am still rather confused :confused:

Rubik’s cubes and fidget spinners are very clear though. Thank you :)

• Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    Slime here refers to a plaything - it's something made out of plastic that looks and feels like actual slime - the stuff that snails excrete for instance.

"Squidgy" is usually an adjective meaning "soft and easily squashed". From the context, in your sentence it seems to be the word for some sort of toy with those properties.

Here's a picture of some kids' slime.

PureLand

Chinese
    Slime here refers to a plaything - it's something made out of plastic that looks and feels like actual slime - the stuff that snails excrete for instance.

"Squidgy" is usually an adjective meaning "soft and easily squashed". From the context, in your sentence it seems to be the word for some sort of toy with those properties.

Here's a picture of some kids' slime.
    Oh, I see :idea: Thank you so much for your explanation, Barque :D

< Previous | Next >