New Member
I'm desperately trying to find a good translation for this musical term.
The sentence is the following: " il ritmo giusto e' dato da un basso piu' lungo e da due accordi staccati"

I don't know if it's better to write 'separated', 'detached'(???)...or whatever.

Thanks a lot!
  • Hi, welcome to the forum!
    The word is the same in English: staccato. It can also be used as an adjective (before the noun though, of course!): "staccato chords".
    Wasn't it in the WR dictionary, or did you not know where to search for it?
    Ciao ciao.
    Classical musical terms are usually exactly the same in English as in Italian, but as GavinW says, with the adjective before the noun : )