stand high and see far

Sun14

Chinese
Hello, my friends,

I was wondering whether this phrase is idiomatic:

"If I stand high, I can see far."

Thoughts and context: If I can stand on somewhere high, I can see something far away.

• Glasguensis

Signal Modulation
    English - Scotland
    No, it isn't. You really need to give us a specific example for us to suggest an idiomatic sentence. There isn't a general saying that I can think of.

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
    Hi, Sun.

Quotes/saying/proverbs are sometimes real pain in the neck, for both English learners and native speakers.

I spent 20 minutes looking for the right one/ones, because it's easy for me to think you question in Chinese.

Here are some possibles, but I wonder if they make sense to native speakers:

1)The higher you climb, the more you see. (Google gives around 7 millions results, I think it's valid.)
    2)The higher you climb, the better the view. (So is this one.)

Edited:

Typo.

Last edited:

Sun14

Chinese
    No, it isn't. You really need to give us a specific example for us to suggest an idiomatic sentence. There isn't a general saying that I can think of.
    I want to generally express an idea that when you stand on someplace that is very high you can have a better view and find something you can't see at the lower height.

Sun14

Chinese
    Hi, Sun.

Quotes/saying/proverbs are sometimes real pain in the neck, for both Chinese and native speakers.

I spent 20 minutes looking for the right one/ones, because it's easy for me to think you question in Chinese.

Here are more possibles, but I wonder if they make sense to native speakers:

1)The higher you climb, the more you see. (Google gives around 7 millions results, I think it's valid.)
    2)The higher you climb, the better the view. (So is this one.)
    Got it. Thank you very much.

< Previous | Next >