statement of practice, report of practice, report of apprenticeship of a trainee lawyer

< Previous | Next >

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

Could you please advise - which is better expression - statement of practice, report of practice, report of apprenticeship - to describe an activity overview made by each trainee lawyer (to prove to Bar that they practice law).
context -
The course of the practice of a trainee lawyer shall be recorded in a statement of practice which shall be issued to a trainee lawyer by the Bar at the first registration to the roll of trainee lawyers.

Thanks,

A.

• pob14

American English
    Do you have any information on what this document is supposed to contain? That might help choose a name for it. (It's not something that's done in my jurisdiction.)

apoziopeza

slovak
    e.g.

2 Jan 2016 Appear at the court - 2 hours; prepare draft minutes of the meeting with Mr. XY - 1 hour; etc.; legal research regarding xx and yy - 5 hs.

apoziopeza

slovak
    Yes, it is timesheet but is there any other expression that would include the word "practice" or "apprenticeship"? Maybe timesheet of practice or practice timesheet?

pob14

American English
    Just so I understand correctly, these are for people who are training to be lawyers, and they have to perform a certain number of hours of certain activities, and a record of those activities has to be provided to the bar so that they can be admitted, is that right?

I think that "practice log" would work.

< Previous | Next >