Stative verb

Discussion in '中文+方言 (Chinese)' started by Vivemafille, Apr 21, 2013.

  1. Vivemafille Senior Member

    In Chinese to English grammar books, is there a specific term used for 'stative verb'. By this, I mean verbs such as know, think + opinion, believe, understand, see, have (to possess), want, need, like/dislike/love/hate, which are not usually used with the continuous.

    Google Translate gives: 状态动词

    Thank you in advance.
  2. xiaolijie

    xiaolijie Senior Member

    English (UK)
    So, what is your question?
  3. Lucia_zwl

    Lucia_zwl Senior Member

    Sorry I just realised my previous reply was not what you mean and I've deleted it.

    I think "stative verbs" is 静态动词
    (and its antonym “dynamic verbs” is 动态动词)
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013

Share This Page