"Stay centered"

Midland

Japanese and Japan
Good morning, friends.

Would you tell me what "stay centered" means?

The contenxt ... I don't know. The phrase is often used as a head title.

For example,

http://www.success.org/AP/read/33.shtml

My guess is, it is similar to "stay focused." If so, then what is the difference?

Thank you,

Midland

• Kevmeister

English, US
    Hi,
    I would agree that this phrase can be synonomous for "stay focused." However, it may also mean to "stay balanced," as in when someone tells you to "find your center," which means to find a physical, emotional, or psychological balance. I hope this helps.

Midland

Japanese and Japan
    Thank you, Kevmeister and emma42.

Kevmeister said:
    to find a physical, emotional, or psychological balance.

emma42 said:
    It smacks of "therapy"!

I see. So you would use it if someone you know has become psychologically upset or unbalanced, such as because of broken heart, loss of their family members, etc. Or do you use it more as encouragement than consolation?

Thanks.

Midland

wordluver

English U.S.A.
    Midland said:
    I see. So you would use it if someone you know has become psychologically upset or unbalanced, such as because of broken heart, loss of their family members, etc. Or do you use it more as encouragement than consolation?

Thanks.

Midland

Hi, Midland. Just to add my 2 cents, I would say that you use it more as consolation as in the example that you gave in your quote above. Similar to the things that are mentioned in the link that you provided. Also, I would say that "stay focused" is used more for encouragement to accomplish something or to achieve.