Steal the show.

mannucci

español mexicano
Bună ziua tuturor acestei forumuri.

Am anumite îndoieli despre cum să spun propoziția aceasta pe Românește.

It's John who finally has stolen the show, turning in his finest performance in years.

Eu propun:

E Ion pe care într-un sfârșit i-a eclipsat pe ceilalți înmânând cea mai fină reprezentație a lui de ani de zile.

E Ion pe care într-un sfârșit a luat-o înaintea publicului înmânând cea mai fină reprezentație a lui de ani de zile.

Mulțumesc pentru ajutor.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • farscape

mod-errare humanum est
    Romanian
    E Ion pe care într-un sfârșit i-a eclipsat pe ceilalți înmânând cea mai fină reprezentație a lui de ani de zile.

That's a good start, let's see how we can make it better :)

(see here)
    - Ion a fost vedeta/steaua spectacolului
    - Ion în sfârșit i-a eclipsat pe ceilalți (has stolen the show) cu (o/un ceva, ex. un spectacol) de zile mari.

In general an artistic performance should not be translated as “performanță” (which should be reserved mainly for a sporting/athletic event, see here). We need to know what kind of perfomance was delivered in the show to be able to translate it properly.

In Romanian you have to be very specific to convey the right meaning :)

Now for “turning in” or “delivering a peformance: I did not have to translate it here and honestly “înmânând” does not work at all because it means handing something to someone and not “delivering a performance to an audience”.

Also the English fine and the Romanian fin(ă) are not ususally a good match, like in this case, because fin(ă) means soft, refined and so on (look it up in dexonline.ro).

Sticking with the WR forums rule of one topic per thread I’m going to stop here, please open another thread for each other topic you wish to discuss further.

Last edited: