steaming pile

< Previous | Next >
  • Loob

English UK
    Well, it's a pile of something that has steam rising from it.

We could give you a better answer if you gave us some context, Crimson;).

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Loob's being ladylike and Crimson-Sky is being shy.

In many situations the "steaming pile" alluded to is a steaming pile of bullshit, horseshit or just shit. The shit being alluded to is, in turn, metaphorical. It generally means trouble, difficulty, problems, unpleasant situations, ... ...

Now that I've broken the ice, perhaps Crimson-Sky will post the sentence and context?

(See forum rule #9 - Discussion of offensive words and phrases is permitted, but the conversation must remain respectful and serious.)

Crimson-Sky

Arabic-العربية
    Loob's being ladylike and Crimson-Sky is being shy.

What's brown and comes steaming out of Cowes?
    The Isle of Wight ferry.
    Ho ho.

In many situations the "steaming pile" alluded to is a steaming pile of bullshit, horseshit or just shit. The shit being alluded to is, in turn, metaphorical. It generally means trouble, difficulty, problems, unpleasant situations, ... ...
    thank you so much sir :).

Loob

English UK
    Crimson, please answer our questions! We can only help if you give us some context.

Where did you find the expression "steaming pile of something"?

ewie

English English
    Me too.
    If the author of that had only said My life is a steaming pile, I'm fairly sure that most native English-speakers would have easily been able to supply the missing [of shit], Crimson ~ even if they would never have said it themselves:)

< Previous | Next >