Steams three different colours

Lamb67

Banned
China/Mandarin
Zhang came into the fold in 2007, and has combined Hua Lei’s reverence for tradition with a few modern twists. In addition to the aforementioned fruity sides, Zhang also steams three different colors of pancakes, one made with flour, another with carrots until it turns a fiery orange, and another with spinach that gives it an emerald hue.

Is it possible to tell whether the carrot is used as stuffing or mixed in the batter by " steams three different colors etc "please?

Dining Q&A: Zhang Fangzhong, Head Chef, Hua's Restaurant

• grassy

Polish
    one made with flour, another with carrots until it turns a fiery orange,
    Is it possible to tell whether the carrot is used as stuffing or mixed in the batter by " steams three different colors etc "please?
    I believe carrots are shredded and mixed into the batter. If they were the mere stuffing, the first type of pancake mentioned would have flour as the stuffing, which doesn't make sense.

grassy

Polish
    The text doesn't say, but one would suppose that the pancakes are coloured orange with carrot juice and green with spinach juice.
    I'd want actual carrots in my carrot pancakes. Adding carrot juice sounds like cheating for what seems to be a high-end restautant. But I guess it's still better than adding food colorings. :)