stick the photo on the wall

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
Hi,

A year ago, I took a photo of some foreign friends of our local English club. Yesterday, a student's mother told me to put some English club's photos on my wall of my study room. I then sent a message to my foreign friends:

I stick the photo on the wall of my study.

(I used one photo and also I wasn't in the photo.)

I wonder if the bold is okay.

Thanks a lot

• You little ripper!

Australian English
    The verb ‘stick’ often gives me the impression of something done in a hurry and without much care. If you want to avoid that you could use ‘put’ or ‘hung’.

I hung/put the photo ........

pops91710

English, AE
    The verb ‘stick’ often gives me the impression of something done in a hurry and without much care. If you want to avoid that you could use ‘put’ or ‘hung’.

I hung/put the photo ........
    To a vast degree I agree with you. Stick/stuck is different than hang or place which imply a certain permanency. Stick, indeed sounds like it was done with adhesive tape, but even that is commonly done. One needs only to see my boys or daughters bedroom walls!

You little ripper!

Australian English
    To a vast degree I agree with you. Stick/stuck is different than hang or place which imply a certain permanency. Stick, indeed sounds like it was done with adhesive tape, but even that is commonly done. One needs only to see my boys or daughters bedroom walls!
    I forgot that some people literally stick things onto a wall with sticky tape. What that does to the paint work when it’s removed I shudder to think! :rolleyes: :D Especially if it’s been there for a while. :)

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    I forgot that some people literally stick things onto a wall with sticky tape. What that does to the paint work when it’s removed I shudder to think! :rolleyes: :D Especially if it’s been there for a while. :)
    I "stick" photos on my wall with Blu-Tack. :)

I "hang" paintings on my wall, but I don't hang photos (unless they're framed). ;)

< Previous | Next >