Stick with....mlb stuff.....

rich7

Venezuela español
There had been hope things were turning around for Puckett, as some Twins players and coaches who saw Puckett at Harmon Killebrew's golf outing in Arizona this past November said Puckett appeared to be trying to lose weight and get his health back in order. He was also planning to remarry this June. It's the thought that a life that seemed ready to restart ended so soon that sticks with Ryan.

This a passage about kirby puckett's passing.

Can you help me understand "stick" in this sense pls?

• heidita

Banned
    Germany (German, English, Spanish)
    to stick with
    This normally means that you have got something for life, that's at least what you want to say.
    So I might say that I'm stuck with my husband.
    Meaning that if I want to or not, I'm going to be with him and he with me.

TrentinaNE

USA
    English (American)
    rich7 said:
    It's the thought that a life that seemed ready to restart ended so soon that sticks with Ryan.

In this instance, to stick with means to keep thinking about, almost like you can't stop thinking about it even if you wanted to: it's stuck in your brain. This person, Ryan, keeps thinking about the fact that Kirby Puckett died just as he seemed ready to restart his life by getting married.

Kirby's passing is so sad He was a baseball icon up in Minnesota where I have several family members and friends.

Elizabeth