sticker shock


Senior Member
Mandarin, Taiwan
Hi there, I just learned the term "sticker shock", which is used mostly in the USA. Do BE or other region English speakers use this term as well or other alternatives?

I can't get over the sticker shock of seeing the price of cars these days.
  • ewie

    Senior Member
    English English
    No, I'd just switch it round a bit:
    I can't get over the shock every time I see another vastly over-inflated price (tag).
    < Previous | Next >