1. xicede Member

english
    Hi. I'm in the middle of completing my cake website and someone has mentioned that I'm using the wrong spanish word for 'sticky' in the description and it sounds bad and uninviting! In English, I've written:

Choose something sweet or sticky, chocolaty or creamy. Or perhaps you would prefer something tart or spicey?

In Spanish I have said,
    Elige algo dulce o ''empalagoso'', con chocolate o cremoso. ¿O quizás prefieres algo ácido o muy aromático?

Should I use the word 'pegajoso' instead? Or is there a more accurate word linked to cakes? Also, some say I should use
    ácido for 'tart' whilst others say agridulce? From what I read on the forum it should be agridulce? Acido seems to be more negative (sour).

Thank you.

2. rocstar Senior Member

En todas partes
    México - Español-
    Could you define sticky in English? (Not from a dictionary)

Rocstar

3. xicede Member

english
    Non-dictionary definition:

Something that's gooey, moist and usually sugary in terms of a cake, pudding or biscuit. Any of these might be bound with honey, golden/maple syrup or treacle.

The stickiness isn't necessarily thick but if you eat something like this it might make you want to smack your lips with pleasure or a child would lick their fingertips!

Does that help?

4. rocstar Senior Member

En todas partes
    México - Español-
    Empalagoso tiene connotación negativa.

Choose something sweet or sticky, chocolaty or creamy. Or perhaps you would prefer something tart or spicey?

Elige algo dulce. cremoso o con chocolate. ¿O quizás preferirías algo de sabor ácido (agrio) o muy aromático?

Eliminé lo de sticky.

Rocstar

5. Sprachliebhaber Moderator

USA English
    En cuanto a pasteles, creo que "sticky" es importante. Es pegajoso, típicamente porque tiene una salsa de caramelo en la superficie.