"Still cyanide" - V for Vendetta Comic Series

Sawyier

USA - English
Comic Book #2, page 33/36.

V appears in Lilliman's bedroom singing "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste," the opening lyric of The Rolling Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil." He then ends a discussion of transubstantiation by forcing the bishop to take a communion wafer made of cyanide. As the police pathologist reports, it was still cyanide when it reached Lilliman's stomach.

When the police officer says "When it reached his abdomen, it was still cyanide", what did he mean?
1) That there was just so much cyanide in the host that when it reached his abdomen, it was still cyanide (they didn't expect there would still be cyanide by the time it reached his abdomen);
2) A specific type of cyanide produced as a by-product of still equipment, as referring to the origin of the cyanide used in the host;
3) There was an even greater degree of cyanide in his abdomen than expected (like if some other source of cyanide other the host had been introduced in the victim's body);

Thanks!

• Loob

English UK
    Hi Sawyier
    I imagine the comment is an ironic reference to the fact they'd been discussing transubstantiation:).

< Previous | Next >