Still later

Panpan1882

Vietnamese
Hi,

Recently I see the words "still later" quite often and don't really understand what it means. Here is one of the examples that I encounter:

The focus of stories for psychoeducation and treatment still later in treatment moves to relapse prevention and safety, to help a child and his or her caregiver articulate a clear safety plan and transition to after- care services.

Could anyone help me understand the part "still later" here? It really confuses me.

Thanks a lot!

• entangledbank

English - South-East England
    It confuses me too. The sentence must be wrong. Did you copy it correctly? Does it actually say 'treatment' twice?

In 'still later', 'still' emphasizes 'later'. If we take out the first 'treatment', then it is talking about stories (1) in psychoeducation (whatever that is!) and then, after that, (2) in treatment.

Panpan1882

Vietnamese
    I got confused at the repetition too. I checked it and "treatment" does appear twice. I guess it means treatment and the phase after that. But I'm not very sure.

kentix

English - U.S.
    This sentence has to be a follow-on to an earlier sentence. The format should be this.

1) When treatment is started, the focus is on...
    2) Later in the treatment process, the focus shifts to...
    3) Still later in the process the focus becomes...

The focus of stories for psychoeducation and treatment [the act of treating] still later in (the) treatment (process) moves to relapse prevention and safety, to help a child and his or her caregiver articulate a clear safety plan and transition to after- care services.

Panpan1882

Vietnamese
    I had the same thought as kentix. It confused me because there is no precedent part referred to earlier phase of treatment. But I think that must be it. Thanks a lot everyone for your help!

< Previous | Next >