Stimo moltissimo i vostri corsi post-lauream

IrishStar

Italian
Hi All,

I am trying to write a Cover Letter for a job application. I am addressing it to a University and I am applying as a Postgraduate Studies Officer. I would like to say the following sentence

"Stimo moltissimo i corsi post-lauream della XXX"

My try:

"I highly value the XXX's postgraduate courses".

It doesn't feel quite right to me. Any suggestions?

THANKS!​

• IrishStar

Italian
    Hai ragione. "value" non suona bene qui.

You might try: "I am impressed by the postgraduate courses offered by your institution."
    Yes, you are right, this sounds much better. But I am afraid it sounds too flattering for a job application, I'd like to use something more professional...Any other suggestions?

THANKS!

newyorkeric

USA
    It does sound a bit too flattering, but that is the kind of thing you put in a cover letter. Maybe you can add something before "postgraduate courses"?

For example,

"I am impressed by the range of postgraduate courses offered by your institution."

"I am impressed by the quality of the postgraduate courses offered by your institution."

IrishStar

Italian
    It does sound a bit too flattering, but that is the kind of thing you put in a cover letter. Maybe you can add something before "postgraduate courses"?

For example,

"I am impressed by the range of postgraduate courses offered by your institution."

"I am impressed by the quality of the postgraduate courses offered by your institution."
    Yes, this sounds good. Thank you.

< Previous | Next >