Stop making noise or we're gonna kick your ass!

Hi,

For a comedy/adventure story I am writing, I need to translate the sentence "Stop making noise or we're gonna kick your ass!" into chinese. The sentence is said by an angry group of unpolite 20-years-old girls. They are in a hostel, some other girls are making a lot of noise and this is their way to ask them to stop. Of course it doesn't need to be a literal translation, just something that sounds natural (can be funny/unpolite, it's a comedy).

Thank you!

• Messquito

Chinese - Taiwan 中文 Taiwanese Hokkien 臺語
    (妳們)再吵(我們)就...
    (If you keep making noise we'll...)

...把妳們嘴巴縫起來!
    (...sew your lips shut!)
    ...揍死/扁妳們!
    (...hit you dead)
    ...把妳們揍得/到哭著找/叫媽媽!
    (...beat you up till your cry for your Mamas)
    ...把妳們揍成熊貓/豬頭/瘸(chüe2)子!
    (...beat you up into a panda/pig head/cripple!)

The first part sounds more colloquial without the two subjects 妳們(you(feminine plural)) and 我們(we).

Feel free to suggest other possibilities of the second part and I'll translate them for you!

Last edited:

SuperXW

Or,
    (你们)再吵(我们)就……
    ……赶你们出去啊!
    (...drive you out!)
    ……把你们踹出去!
    (...kick you out!)

Notice that Taiwanese/Mainland Chinese/Cantonese have obviously different accent and talking styles. We often saw foreign dramas mixed them up. If you really want to be precise about Chinese culture, you need to match the styles with the actors' performance.

Last edited:

fyl

Mandarin Chinese
    Another way with structure similar to the English sentence: 别吵了!找踹啊!

Romildo

Chinese
    别他妈吵了!欠削(揍/扁)是不是?!
    别他妈吵了!欠削(揍/扁)啊?!
    吵什么吵!找打是不是?!
    ——angry, alittle unpolite.

...把妳們揍得/到哭著找/叫媽媽!
    (...beat you up till your cry for your Mamas)
    I like the above very much, but I am wondering how it is with the "slash" symbol. I am sorry, but unfortunately I am not familiar with chinese at all. Are they alternatives to choose from? In this case, I wouldn't at all know what to choose! Can you help me? In case this matters, as far as the story is concerned, the location where the girls are from (Taiwan/mainland China/Cantonese) is irrelevant to the story... But I would like to know which one I am choosing :)

Romildo

Chinese
    Sorry, but I must speak it out. If you choose any of the "把妳們揍得/到哭著找/叫媽媽!", it can not show anger and impoliteness at all, it sounds like you are kidding.

SuperXW

See, this is about the style of your script. Different people would have different preference.
    If you go "too stylish" by exaggerating the words or using rhetoric, it may bring comedic effect, but may not be realistic.
    If you choose some very general words, like 把你们赶出去(drive you out), it makes sense but could be a little too common or boring.

Messquito gave you some options in wording. To make it simple, you can use:
    再吵就把妳們揍到哭著叫媽媽! (Literally: Keep making noise, beat you up until you cry for mamas!)

By the way, I mentioned the regional differences because the character's accent and style had better to match the line you pick, or it can become like a British person trying hard to speak American slang words, or much worse, considering there are two writing systems, hundreds of dialects, and a Mandarin speaker can hardly communicate a Cantonese speaker.
    Of course, if your audience or reader don't understand Chinese at all, this doesn't matter. But in that case, it also doesn't matter too much which line you pick...

Last edited:
    Thanks, sorry about the late reply but I was away for a few days. It's a comedy and it's ok to exaggerate, it doesn't matter if it's not so realistic I think. 99% of the audience won't speak chinese, but I still like it to be right... A note at the bottom of the page will report the translation.

< Previous | Next >