strong affinity

< Previous | Next >

Sun14

Chinese
Hello, my friends,

If I want to say Tom is very easy-going and everybody get on well with him and never give anyone a sense of distance,

"Is it appropriate to say Tom has strong affinity?"

Would you give me some advice or alternatives? Thank you.

• Sun14

Chinese
    Another word is affable: 'easy to talk to'.
    Thank you. I was wondering wether there is a term describing a person's character: when you see this person, you will feel no distance from him and are willing to talk with him sharing your story with him.

wandle

English - British
    Is that comment really a further question, or does it mean you now see 'affable' as that kind of term?

'Affable' is a social term: anyone can easily talk to an affable person, but it does not imply that you could share personal matters.
    At this point, we may be talking about cultural difference.

Sun14

Chinese
    Is that comment really a further question, or does it mean you now see 'affable' as that kind of term?

'Affable' is a social term: anyone can easily talk to an affable person, but it does not imply that you could share personal matters.
    At this point, we may be talking about cultural difference.
    It doesn't necessarily imply sharing personal matters, but I want to emphasize such kind of people looks very kind no matter in the ways of speaking or his smile. Sometimes when you talk to him, you just feeling a spring breeze caress your face, thus you are willing to listen to him and say more. I don't know how to define such person in English.

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    It doesn't necessarily imply sharing personal matters, but I want to emphasize such kind of people looks very kind no matter in the ways of speaking or his smile. Sometimes when you talk to him, you just feeling a spring breeze caress your face, thus you are willing to listen to him and say more. I don't know how to define such person in English.
    Hello Sun,

We have words which can indicate how easy it is to talk to someone - approachable, courteous, gracious.

And others which indicate how pleasant their company can be - pleasant, genial, amicable.

< Previous | Next >