New Member
Spain and Spanish
Por favor que alguien me diga el significado y traduccion de: strowger exchanges left.
Last edited by a moderator:
  • la grive solitaire

    Senior Member
    United States, English
    A "Strowger" is a type of switch, and is also called a "crossbar switch." From Wikipedia:

    "...a 'switch' now frequently refers to something which was once called a 'telephone exchange'... Formerly a 'Strowger switch' or a 'crossbar switch' referred to an individual piece of equipment making up part of an exchange."

    At a guess, "Strowger exchanges left" might mean "the Strowger exchanges that still exist/that are left" ? If so, perhaps someone in the Spanish forum can translate it for you.
    Last edited by a moderator:


    Senior Member
    Spain Spanish
    El SR. Strowger inventó la primera central telefónica automática (Strowger exchanges). Lo que no sé es lo que pinta el "left"

    ¡Contexto! plis


    Senior Member
    USA English
    Assuming it came from the following document:

    . In countries such as the United States and Australia, there are very few Strowger exchanges left, processor-controlled...

    Then the Strowger Exchange is a telephone exchange switching device and the sentence if stating that there are very few remaining.
    Last edited by a moderator: