struggle financially

< Previous | Next >

piraña utria

Spanish - Colombian with Caribbean nuanc
Good evening, guys.

I’ve come across recently this expression “struggle financially” twice, written and spoken.

I understood that its usage is wider than among the “financial” or “economic” world so speak, thus I really appreciate if anyone could confirm or discard my point.

Kind regards,

• cycloneviv

English - Australia
    I'm not sure I quite understand the question, I'm afraid.

If you're asking whether people use the expression outside of the financial industry or the world of economics, you are right. Anyone can say "We're struggling financially" to say that they are having a hard time making ends meet.

kalamazoo

US, English
    Individuals and families can, and these days often do, struggle financially. It's a very general expression.

piraña utria

Spanish - Colombian with Caribbean nuanc
    I'm not sure I quite understand the question, I'm afraid.

If you're asking whether people use the expression outside of the financial industry or the world of economics, you are right. Anyone can say "We're struggling financially" to say that they are having a hard time making ends meet.
    Yes Cyclo, that’s my point. Probably it seemed to me a little rare this expression because of its precise translation into Spanish and the context in which I’ve heard/read it.

Thank you very much, indeed.

< Previous | Next >