Strut, pout, put it out

< Previous | Next >

Hakkar

Italian
Hello everyone. My question is about a famous song that I'm trying to figure out.

The song goes "Strut, pout/Put it out, that's what you want from women!" / Lyrics from Sheena Easton. I have to translate this quote and I'm wondering if you could give me some insights about its meaning. What does it actually mean? I'm really puzzling about the "put it out" part. Any help is welcomed. Thank you.

• Hakkar

Italian
    Does it actually mean engaging in sexual intercourse/ foreplay, or just teasing? I'm sorry about doing this kind of questions, anyway.

Hakkar

Italian
    The song actually continues with "Strut, pout, cut it out, all takin' and no givin'
    "Watch me baby while I walk out your door"

That cut it out part means "I'm done with you" right? What about repeating the chorus? Does that refer to the man she's about to have sex with?

RedwoodGrove

English, USA
    That cut it out part means "I'm done with you" right? What about repeating the chorus? Does that refer to the man she's about to have sex with?
    I think "cut it out" means he's telling her to stop being a bitch, nagging, whatever. Or it means she going to stop doing what she's doing. "While I walk out your door" obviously means she's leaving (or threatening to). The "strut, pout" is repeated but I don't know why. Just for effect.

These are just my best guesses.

< Previous | Next >