stupid conversations

MrMojoRising

Español de Argentina
Hi everyone.

This is my second day learning Polish.

I would like to say that I have only learnt "stupid conversations" so far.

Like for example:
A- Cześć. Jak ci leci?
B- Wszystko, a Tobie?
A- Nieżle.

Well, then I looked up the word "stupid" and I found "głupi", But I think it is a noun. Then I found "głupie" That's the adjective.
Then I found "konwersacja" that means "conversation".

But Google better prefers "głupie konwersacje".

What do you say?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
  • .Jordi.

polonès
    Yes, głupi may be used as a noun, but I dare to say that normally we would use głupek or głupiec, and treat the word głupi as an adjective.
    And stupid conversations I would translate as głupie rozmowy (this one sounds more natural) or, as you say, głupie konwersacje.

By the way, good luck with the Polish language :). And feel free to ask about everything. Of course you may use Spanish, since everyone here speaks or understand Spanish.

Maks

Polish
    "stupid conversations" in this context I would translate as głupie dialogi (or głupie konwersacje). I think that we can't say in Polish nauczyć się rozmów (to learn talks). The whole sentence would be: Do tej pory nauczyłem/am się tylko głupich dialogów.

.Jordi.

polonès
    "stupid conversations" in this context I would translate as głupie dialogi (or głupie konwersacje). I think that we can't say in Polish nauczyć się rozmów (to learn talks). The whole sentence would be: Do tej pory nauczyłem/am się tylko głupich dialogów.

Hi Maks and welcome to the forums.

I didn't read carefully enough the first part of MrRojoRising's post, and thought that the question was about only those two words without any context (also the title misled me a little bit) :(:eek:. I'm sorry for confusion...

Of course you're right, the frase: I have only learnt stupid conversations so far is Do tej pory nauczyłem (nauczyłam if the speaker is female) się tylko głupich dialogów :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

BezierCurve

Hi MrMojoRising!
    Well, then I looked up the word "stupid" and I found "głupi", But I think it is a noun. Then I found "głupie" That's the adjective.

In case you wondered where the difference between those two forms (głupi/głupie) comes from, it's the result of using masculine singular form in the first case and non-masculine personal plural form in the other one.

Polish adjectives take different forms depending on the gender and number and also decline along with nouns.

robin74

the difference between those two forms (głupi/głupie) comes from, it's the result of using masculine singular form in the first case and non-masculine personal plural form in the other one.

Polish adjectives take different forms depending on the gender and number and also decline along with nouns.
    Just like in Spanish.
    głupi = estúpido
    głupie = estúpidas

NotNow

English
    In fact there's no feminine gender in plural in Polish. There are only two: masculine personal and non-masculine personal form (męskoosobowy i niemęskoosobowy).

BezierCurve, don't you mean there's no feminine personal gender or am I missing something?

Christoforo

Polish
    Hi everyone.

This is my second day learning Polish.

I would like to say that I have only learnt "stupid conversations" so far.

Like for example:
    A- Cześć. Jak ci leci?
    B- Wszystko, a Tobie?
    A- Nieżle.

Thanks a lot.
    Answer B; Wszystko is not correct. It means "everything" and has no meaning here. It should be "dobrze"= well.